If you like creating flash games for fun or as a hobby, why not make money out of it? I have made a few flash games and I thought why not make money out of them. So I did! I will tell you 10 ways to make money out of them in this article.
First of all, the software you use to make games is Adobe Flash. It does cost quite a bit but is worth every penny if you know how to maximise it to its full extent. You can look for tutorials on other websites to learn how to make games such as Flashkit. On my website, I release video tutorials on how to do something in flash, every once in a while so check that out sometimes.
All right now to get down to business, the scenario is you have made a great flash game that you want to make money from.
1. You could get the game sponsored by another games website. This means that the other website will pay you money in exchange for putting their logos and links in the game. You might be thinking why would they do that, well it's because people who played the game might go on their website through a link and so the other website could earn money from ad revenue or other means. The amount you get paid depends on how good the game is so it could range from $50 - $2000+. Different websites pay different sums of money, their website usually contains information on how much they pay. Some sponsors are ArmorGames, CrazyMonkeyGames and FlashRage. This way is a definite way of getting some money for your hard work.
2. If you have your own website, then in your game, link to your website so you get traffic to your website after you have submitted to some game portals like Newgrounds. On your own website put some advertisements on so when visitors come from through the game, they might click on ads earning you more money.
3. On your game you can put advertisements from Mochi ads in so each time a player plays the game, you earn ad revenue. Mochi ads are The World's First Ad Network for Casual Games and right now they are accepting only some developers so you can apply now and get in line. Even, if your game is placed on other websites, the ads still show so you still get money.
4. Some games websites offer contests and prizes for the best submitted games such as Newgrounds. Check them out every once in a while for new contests. This way usually offers a higher amount of money (depends on the contest hosting by the website) than sponsoring a game, however, if you don't win you might not get any money.
5. Some websites also offer some of the ad revenue from their website if you submit the game to them. This is a great way to get some cash for your game. Some websites that offer this are GameGum.
6. If the game is played a lot by many players, then some websites will pay you quite a lot of money for a non-exclusive license, which means they put their logo on the game but unlike sponsoring, the copy of the game is only allowed to display on their website so you can sell a lot of non-exclusive licenses if the game is good enough.
7. If the game is extremely brilliant and is played a lot, then you could win some awards for the game and get some cash with the awards. If you win one award then your game will be taken into account for other awards as well.
8. If you win some awards, then people will notice especially big game companies and they might ask you to make games for them on a contract basis or getting paid for every game you create. You might even be asked to make console games!
9. The game, if it gets enough awards and lots of people notice it, it could be turned into a console game and you would earn a lot of money through that, however this can only be turned into a reality with an extremely good game that has the potential to be turned into a console game.
10. You could make a demo version of the game and if people want to play the full version, they have to buy it. This could make a lot of money as if players like the game, they will buy it and you can sell the game as many times as you want making a lot of money.
I hope you take some useful information from this article. Now that was 10 ways to make money from flash games and there are many more in the world, go and discover them!